What it REALLY takes to be successful.
Have you ever sat down to read a book, a book recommended by a friend in whom you value their opinion? You pick up this book and begin the adventure of comprehensive entanglement, wait, engagement. You will quickly determine if you can understand the principles that are being conveyed, this premise usually is what it takes to continue down the road of making your brain larger.
A good book will keep your attention and engage the imagination; it becomes even better when you start to see parallels in your reality. In this case, a very successful family member and world-renowned pulmonologist recommended The Millionaire Next Door. How could I resist, as I was sitting on the porch of a beautiful home in Trune drinking real freshly ground, imported organic coffee from some exotic place near Cuba I have never heard of!
This book spoke so precisely about principles I have seen lived out over and over again. Examples I have seen executed almost to the micron. Clients I have helped transition and become even more successful as well as those I have had to leave to their own devices and sadly sit back and watch them repeat the maligned behaviors that made them initially call me for help.
I could, and probably will lay these lessons out in the form of case studies. However, the significant experience that this post is geared to convey is this so clearly laid out methodology in the proven groundworks laid out that book.
What does it take to be successful?
Here's the bottom line. Just like marriage, parenting, friendship, becoming financially soluble, learning, spiritual growth and yes, growing successfully you need to master the following habits.
- Be vivid with your longterm goals. So definite you can taste and feel the results. Write them down and make a plan, one step at a time to give a clear path to execution.
- Covet your time. Period. Tell it what to do and do not compromise.
- Focus on your daily efforts. This effort may become redundant but deal with it. Make it your life mission.
- Learn. You don't know everything and believe it or not; you are not the expert on every aspect of every engagement you encounter. Rely on trusted pro's and feed your brain as much as possible. Listen to people who care to invest in you, ie. buying books they recommend reading.
- Be thankful. Not just grateful, be incredibly grateful for everything you have in your world. Then share it. Wholeheartedly.
- Love people. Learn how to see things from their perspective and relate from their view. Trust me; this is massively valuable.
And do not stop. Be diligent and purposeful in everything you deem adequate to engage in, focus your time on and invest your brain cells into growing.
Do you want to know what it takes to be successful? It is you putting full effort into your dreams without compromise.
This principle executed without fail is in fact precisely what it will take to be successful.
- Master this | How I run my life. Click Here